Thursday, July 30, 2015

Summer 2014 (continued)

Well heck.  I let the Google account that owned my old blog get deleted, and now I can't recover the blog.  How am I to ever remember where Laurie and I have been in the past 3 years?  Good thing I took lots of pictures.  I guess we'll just have to repeat the journey, all 38,000 miles of it.

Anyway, for the 2.3 faithful readers of my old blog, here we go again.

I got really lazy with the blog last summer.  I believe I left off when we were touring South Bend, IN.  It was great and we moved on touring Cleveland, visiting Dan and Michelle in Pittsburgh, seeing my Uncle Claire in Somerset, checking out WV, visiting Aunt Ginny, popping back into AR, then back to MacDill for the winter of 2014-15.  I'll post some pictures here of last summer, then recap our shenanigans over the winter before continuing with the road trip.


Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Cool!

The porch of the house from A Christmas Story.  It's actually in Cleveland, not Terre Haute.  You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

Uncle Claire and Aunt Helen.  Claire is the oldest brother of my father (RIP).  He's almost 90.

Falling Waters, the Frank Lloyd Wright house in the woods south of Pittsburgh.

New River Gorge bridge on US 19, like 800 feet above the river.  They weren't doing any bungee jumping while we were there, darn the luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment